Thursday, March 22, 2012

My earliest memory of drawing was when I realized I could get a likeness of people. I drew a lot  but never kept any drawings back then. I had lots of time to doodle because I didn't have homework like my siblings. It's interesting how that may have worked to my  advantage as an artist but not academically. In elementary school I was influenced by Basil Wolvertons' ugly drawings on bubble gum cards I bought at dime stores. We especially enjoyed the ones with our friends names on them - always good for a laugh! I did a whole binder of ugly drawings that I wished I'd kept.
Basil Wolverton gum cards below!!

1 comment:

  1. Really good post! Don’t know can come next time, but I really appreciate what you wrote. Have a look at my site: http://www.oilpaintingsstore.com/ ; Sign up to get $5!!!

    ReplyDelete