Monday, May 6, 2019

The image below is me when I was in my early teens. This was my junkyard playground, where I grew up. My dad wasn’t the most organized, random junk came and went over the years... scrap cars, appliances, anything made of steel, tin, brass or copper.  One year my dad got in some old vending machines, it was a gold mine for us because we found lots of money that had fallen in the back of machine! I think we made more money that way then my dad did from scrapping the machine!! I’m not sure how the toilet got in there but it did...

The little house in the background was our first home before we had electricity, didn’t have that till the early 60s - hard to believe! But we managed, four kids and my parents in that small house. I still remember my mum heating water on a wood burning iron stove, so we could have a bath in a metal tub, I often shared with my sisters. I have lots more pictures were that came from...

No comments:

Post a Comment