Monday, October 13, 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
I may have posted this before with out word balloons, it's my version of the classic Norman Rockwell  turkey dinner.  I 'm just going to get a little nostalgic and point out a few things in the details of this image. The pots and pans in the background were always the cast iron kind that turned black with age but they just got better as they aged. The square one had a special purpose, the oblong portion was  used for bacon and the two other squares for eggs. I don't think they make them anymore and I don't know what happened to that one. The wooden pig cutting board next to the pan, I do have, it's a special thing I remember my mom using as I was growing up. I also managed to find my dads musical saw and bow and Alex has his grandfathers welding goggles. There're just a few more things on the side table like the ice cube rolling pin and the cone colander used for making apple sauce. 
My brother lives in the house we grew up in and I've been going back every summer as long as I've lived out west. I'll attach a few pics I took last summer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment