Monday, July 27, 2015

Hi everyone, or anyone who's still looking at my blog, I've been a little neglect in posting regularly, so sorry. I got back from Ontario almost two weeks ago, Ken was back in late May... Including our trip to Europe I have been traveling for over three months! I had a lot of catching up to do when I got home. It's good to be back in my own studio. Ken greeted me at the airport with a red rose ;^) The art work below was a gift to Ken for our anniversary of being together forty years!!!! I got this art work in Hamilton, our friend Jaleen Groves had a show at an art gallery on James st. north. I liked this piece because to me... it kind of represents our relationship, prickly at times but the heart is still together after all these years.
While I was away I worked on my third script for Borealice #3! It's still a draft at this point but hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be finished the layouts, so I'm ready to start the final artwork in the fall. I've decided to go with the DC method, which is writing a script before I do the artwork. That's how I did my first book, the second book was done the Marvel way and I've learned that the DC way works better for me. Ken tells me, he prefers the Marvel way because the artist has more control, where as the DC way gives more control to the writer. But seeing that I'm doing the writing and the artwork... I find I like to get all my thinking out first. This gives me the time I need to wrap my head around what I want to say.
Anyway, in the meen time... I'll continue to post some pictures of our Europe trip or whatever else strikes my fancy.
:^)

No comments:

Post a Comment